Appointed by the Board and reporting to the Program Administrator, this position is responsible for organizing and supervising the Summer Sailing Program
Assigning and supervising paid instructors, with assurance of their appropriate skills and safety training qualifications/certifications;
2. Scheduling instructional groups and instructors;
3. Assist with boat set-up, storage and routine care;
4. Ensure all lessons are well planned for the week of program;
5. Supervise use and maintenance of Club equipment and facilities during the Summer Sailing Program;
6. Direct safety measures for all onshore and on-the-water training aspects of the Sailing Program;
7. Ensure compliance with legal requirements for youth programs, including completion of coach/instructor checks, and that appropriate supervision, safety measures and parental authorization are in place at all times;
8. Other functions and tasks within the above general scope of responsibilities, as
assigned by the Program Administrator.
CANSail Fundamental Course CANSail Fundamental Course Provincial Sailing Association
• CANSail Student Level CANSail 1-6 CANSail 1 & 2 Instructor: CANSail 4 CANSail 3 & 4 Instructor: CANSail 5 CANSail 5 & 6 Instructor)
• First Aid & CPR Standard Level First Aid – (From a Nationally recognized provider, with a course length of a minimum of 13 hours; (ex: St. John Ambulance Canadian Red Cross Other Accredited).
• Coach Boat Safety Course (ex: Provincial Coach Boat Safety Course or Sea Cadet S.C.O.P. Course);
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card Boating License Transport Canada.
The successful applicant must provide a Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check prior to the commencement of employment.
Anticipated time demands (after initial familiarization period): 20-40 hours per week during
the Summer Sailing Program.
Submit Resume, cover letter and reference to: Michelle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All Board-appointed positions are for one year terms, renewable annually on the
recommendation of the Board member responsible for the position.