Science North is hiring a Science Camp Counsellor (Kenora, Dryden, Thunder Bay)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you looking for a fun and interesting job this summer? Do you enjoy working with children and want to gain valuable skills while working for a world-renowned science centre? If so, join the Science North team, Northern Ontario’s science centre and most popular tourist attraction. Science North Summer Camps put smiles on kids’ faces, excite them about science, build friendships and create lasting memories. Be a part of a team that makes all that happen!
Employer Name: Science North
City: Thunder Bay
Postal Code: P7B 1V6
Application Deadline: April 3rd, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-time, 30-35 hours/week (Contract Summer Employment)
Job Type: Summer
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Science Camp Counsellor will deliver quality, hands-on, fun, and entertaining science camp experiences to children (aged 4-14) across Northeastern Ontario from mid-June to late August (possibility of earlier start in Sudbury). The counsellor will work within a team of staff, while individually leading their own group, to provide supervision, leadership, and ensure the physical and emotional safety of all camp participants. Science Camp Counsellors lead a group of campers, organizing the camp activities from setup to cleanup and everything in between.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Interested candidates must have a passion for learning, experience working with children, and outstanding communication abilities. Candidates should understand and commit to promoting equal opportunity and support for all campers regardless of ability.
- Some positions may require fluency in both English and French. Travel may be required (accommodations, weekly travel bonus and a meal per diem covered by Science North). Successful candidates must be prepared to submit a current (less than 3 months old at date of submission) Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check.
Why work for Science North Science Camps?
- We will provide you with an opportunity to develop your communication and presentation skills
- Great opportunities to grow skills in teamwork, interpersonal skills and accountability
- Future leadership opportunities within our program
- We are proud of and continue to support a welcoming and diverse workplace
- We value our people and maintain a friendly and supportive work environment
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Don’t meet every single requirement or not from one of the locations above? At Science North, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
An early application is your best opportunity for consideration. Interested candidates are asked to apply online at:
Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
Advertising Method: General Ad