YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring a Section Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a part of the Camp Stephens Leadership Staff team, the Section Coordinator will provide leadership, guidance and training to a team of like-minded counsellors at our amazing facility on Lake of the Woods.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids connect with nature
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, (late June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD)
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$98.33 per day & Returning staff-$103.33 per day
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provide behavior management and general camper care
- Provide leadership and role modeling to direct reports and campers
- Ensure safe programming is delivered following policies and procedures
- Training, supervising and evaluating camp counsellors and assistant counsellors
- Complete administrative duties
- Assist in staff training
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Global Harmonized System certification (GHS) -employer will train
- Standard First Aid
- Bronze Cross
- Prior camp experience or experience working with children and youth
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA)
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad