Prairie Mobile Communications are looking for a Service Technician! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Prairie Mobile Communications is looking for a motivated Service Technician (Two-Way Radio Division) to join our team in Kenora, ON. Prairie Mobile is a leading Wireless Communications sales and service with 21 locations across the prairies. We are one of Kenwood Canada’s largest Land Mobile Radio Dealers and one of SaskTel’s largest Authorized Dealers. We provide equipment and services that deliver wireless technology solutions including cell phones, 2-way radios, pagers, boosters, satellite phones, networks, towers, and related accessories.
Employer Name: Prairie Mobile Communications
Location/Address: Kenora, ON
Application Deadline: November 25th, 2020
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Competitive hourly rate and comprehensive benefits including extended health, dental and vision, Educational Assistance Program and RRSP Matching eligibility after one year
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electronic equipment including radio receiver and transceiver units, pagers, cell-phone booster, accessories, coaxial cable and test equipment
- Program radio equipment for the sales and service department, and design and build various hardware to perform this function
- Install communications equipment in shop and field environments, as well as in buildings and various kinds of vehicles (i.e. police automobiles, ambulances, trucks, etc.)
- Provide advice on technical matters to the sales team and our two-way radio customers, documenting all services in the customer database
- Assist in site maintenance procedures at all Prairie Mobile sites within the region
- This role will also be servicing a government radio communication contract; local travel and field work may be required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Recognized certificate or diploma in a related field such as Telecommunications Networking, Communications Engineering Technology or RF Electronics (a combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a similar role is preferred
- Skilled in repair and programming two-way radios, antennae, coax cable and connectors and remote terminals
- Mechanically inclined and able to work with hand and small power tools
- Work as part of a team on a large-scale project or independently with good time management skills
- Effective communication skills and can explain technical matters in customer friendly language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of an ERP system is an asset
- You enjoy working in various workplace conditions ranging from service shops to outside fields
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to lift, push, and/or pull weights up to 50 lbs.
- The incumbent must be able to distinguish colors as many wires are color-coded
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Find your fit and help us connect people to what’s important to them. To apply, please submit your resume online at prairiemobile.com/careers or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position and location you are applying for in the subject line.
Prairie Mobile Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad