Kenora District Services Board is hiring a Shelter Attendant In-Charge (Red Lake)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #ISS 23-39
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire two (2) Regular, Full-Time Shelter Attendants In-Charge located in Red Lake, Ontario to join our Integrated Social Services (ISS) team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, professional development, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Housing Solutions Coordinator, the Shelter Attendant In-Charge is responsible for delivering and overseeing the daily operations of the Emergency Shelter.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: June 20th, 2023
Hours of Work: Regular, Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Along with an excellent benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan, we offer a salary ranging from $68,044.94 - $76,585.19 per annum.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ensure the KDSB Shelter Standards guide is being implemented within program spaces.
- Ensure all KDSB, local Health Unit, and other Homelessness policies and directives are implemented and followed.
- Oversee the program and monitor staff to ensure compliance and daily programming is being implemented. Address and document any concerns observed with staff members. Take corrective action when required in consultation with the Housing Solutions Coordinator. Inform the Housing Solutions Coordinator if staff are not in compliance and the situation is not resolved.
- Perform an active role in daily programming including implementing programs and providing safe and appropriate activities for patrons and tenants. Ensure culturally appropriate programming and activities are developed and embedded in daily programming.
- Review and ensure weekly shelter records are complete and accurate and attach proper documentation to support KDSB’s reporting requirements under the Homelessness Prevention Program, By-Name List and Inspections.
- Take charge in emergency situations, such as serious occurrences or emergency situations.
- Complete onsite quality assurance; monthly fire, health and safety inspections and review with the Housing Solutions Coordinator.
- Oversee, encourage, coach, and mentor staff. Provide advice/guidance as needed regarding shelter operations, behaviour management and de-escalation of potential situations on an ongoing basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, program policies, directives, and procedures.
- Understanding and knowledge of homelessness and coordinated access.
- Ability to lead, guide, motivate and mentor staff.
- Effective communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding, awareness and inclusion of all cultures within programming.
- Successful completion of a Diploma in Social Services, or related education.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a homelessness support environment.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
- A current First Aid, including Infant/Child CPR.
- An up-to-date Immunization records.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line, on or before June 20, 2023 at 4:00 pm local time to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad