YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring a Six Week Tripper! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a part of the Camp Stephens Wilderness team, the Tripper will provide expertise, experience and skills specific to wilderness canoe tripping and are responsible for planning and leading the 6-week canoe trip.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids connect with nature
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD
Job Type: Summer
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- General camper care including managing behaviours
- Coordinate canoe trip including packing food and equipment
- Ensure safe wilderness tripping for all campers
- Complete administrative duties
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum Class 5F License or equivalent with driver abstract
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid/Wilderness First Responder with CPR Level C
- Global Harmonized System certification (GHS) – employer will train
- Bronze Cross
- 2+ years of remote canoe trip leading experience
- Paddle Canada Canoe Tripping or Moving Water certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician (SRT)
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad