Kiizhik Education Corporation is hiring a Special Education Teacher! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Kiizhik Education Corporation Team is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher. The Special Education Teacher will assist in the development of Special Education Plans, organize IPRCs and Individual Education Plans (IEPs). The Special Education Teacher will also assist schools and communities with coordinating support for students from outside agencies.
- Development and implement of a Special Education Plan to support our schools
- In direct collaboration with the Classroom Teacher, and through consultation with the Principal and parent, assist in the development of a student’s IEP.
- Complete and maintain the required SERT responsibility sections of the IEP.
- Ensure that all required aspects and sections of the IEP are completed.
- Provide and update achievement testing as required and assist with the referral process.
- Collaborate with teachers and the principal to arrange necessary case conferences and IPRC meetings.
- Facilitate effective communication with educational support staff to help address the needs of students.
- Act as a resource to all school staff with regard to Board procedures and directives in special education.
- Collaborate with agencies and transition personnel to help meet the individual needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Bachelor of Arts/Science and Bachelor of Education, a Bachelor of Education or an Indigenous Education program diploma.
- Experience or knowledge of best practices in Special Education.
- Primary, Junior and/or Intermediate qualifications would be an asset.
- Special Education qualifications
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers.
- A clean criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Anishinaabe Language Proficiency is strongly recommended.
Along with a resume and cover letter and three references. Position is Open Until Filled
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL (marked as confidential), E-MAIL, ONLINE, OR FAX TO:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
598 Lakeview Drive
Fax: (807) 468-3908
Late applications will be returned. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.