The Northwest Community Legal Clinic is looking for a Full-Time Staff Lawyer! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
The Kenora office of the NORTHWEST COMMUNITY LEGAL CLINIC, a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario, is seeking an experienced lawyer to assume the position of caseworker.
Areas of Practice:
Areas of clinic law, including Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Income Security law, Tenant Protection, Criminal Injuries, and Consumer law.
A community legal clinic with three offices in Kenora, Fort Frances and Atikokan.
AREAS OF SERVICE for this position include the City of Kenora and surrounding municipalities and First Nation communities
Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
• Familiarity with clinic law issues
• Understanding of social justice issues
• Excellent research, writing and advocacy skills
• Proficiency with MSWord and Outlook, and familiarity with Quicklaw
• Ability to travel, including valid Ontario Driver’s licence
• Acceptable Criminal Reference check
EXPECTED START DATE July 2020
Trudy McCormick, Executive Director
Northwest Community Legal Clinic
206 Scott Street, Fort Frances, ON P9A 1G7
FAX (807)274-3141 TEL. (807)274-5327