Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Staff Trainer! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Two (2) Contract positions to March 31, 2022 with possible extension. Location – (1) Kenora and (1) Dryden
Employer Name: Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
City: Kenora and Dryden
Application Deadline: June 29th, 2021 at 4:30pm
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $63, 983 - $78,471
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Staff Trainer is a regular full-time contract position. The Staff Trainer provides professional training and related services within competency-based Ontario Child Protection Training Program to agency staff.
- The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Bachelor’s Degree with three years’ experience in the management of services for children and their families or a comparable human service program. However, others with a combination of skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job may be considered;
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development and delivery, First Nation communities, family structure and local customs and traditions;
- Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Knowledge of the Child Protection Standard in Ontario;
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including the service delivery model, policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Support and encourages training in ways that respect Anishinaabe traditional and cultural practice;
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with management, colleagues and other community agencies and service providers;
- Ability to research training needs, plan services and prepare reports on such research and planning;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical report on program policy and services procedures;
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Committed to providing training services in the Anishinaabe context of extended family and community involvement;
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Extensive experience in designing, planning and conducting training workshops;
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate group decision-making processes through knowledge, ideas and persuasion;
- Ability to flex daily work hours;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # ST20210614 TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at the time of interview
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: June 29, 2021 @ 4:30 p.m.
Advertising Method: General Ad