The City of Kenora is hiring Student Labourers! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The position will perform a variety of beautification and maintenance tasks including flowers and shrubs, mowing and trimming, cleaning of washrooms, litter and waste collection, and other labouring activities. As part of this job, incumbents may be required to operate a range of vehicles and equipment such as tractors, riding lawn mowers, pick-up trucks, string trimmers and a variety of hand tools. In addition, this position will be responsible for responding to enquiries and complaints as required.
- Must be a full-time student in the 2021-22 school year at a secondary or post-secondary education institution and be returning to school full-time for the 2022-23 school season
- Must be available to attend and complete mandatory safety training and orientation
- Working knowledge of lawn maintenance and grass cutting equipment considered an asset
- Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of climate conditions
- Must be able to perform heavy manual tasks and repetitive lifting for long periods of time
- Possess a valid driver’s license (minimum G2) in good standing is required
- Pleasure Craft Licence would be considered and asset
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally
Applicants are encouraged to submit a resume to email@example.com