The Treaty Three Police Service in partnership with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services will be offering the Youth in Policing Initiative (Y.I.P.I.) Program. Y.I.P.I is a paid employment program. The goal of Y.I.P.I is to give young people an opportunity to develop job skills while enhancing police and community relations.
The program is for interested youth with leadership potential including those whose may see themselves as experiencing barriers to personal growth, success and who would benefit from this opportunity.
The program will run from July 13th to August 18th, 2020. Participants will have the opportunity to experience policing of the Treaty Three Police Service, support community initiatives and gain valuable and employment skills.
The following positions include: (1). General headquarters – Kenora, (2). South Sub-Division – Couchiching, (3). Wabaseemoong Detachment, (4). Grassy Narrows Detachment
The mandate for this program is:
- To promote youth participation in the work environment through diverse, educational and productive work assignments.
- To enhance the relationships between the police and the youth we serve.
- To provide positive employment opportunities for youth.
- To promote the Treaty Three Police Service as an employer of choice.
- Are between the ages of 15-17
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Reflect the cultural diversity of the community;
- Are eligible to work in Canada (*SIN card);
- Seeking work experience / job skills training;
- Would benefit from this developmental opportunity regarding leadership and civic responsibility;
- Successfully complete the recruitment / background check process;
- Must not have any criminal charges pending before the court;
- Agree to a mentor relationship;
- Available for the duration of the program;
- Have not completed YIPI in the past.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to Hiring@t3ps.ca or;
Fax: (807) 548-2119 Attention Human Resources Manager.
*Please specify in Cover Letter which Detachment position you are applying for.