Kenora District Services Board is hiring Summer Student – Labourer (6 Positions) #SUM 23-12! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #SUM 23-12
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire eight (8) temporary, full-time Summer Student – Labourers located in Kenora (3), Sioux Lookout (1), and Red Lake/Ear Falls (2), Ontario. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, the Summer Student – Labourer is responsible to provide direct support to the Maintenance Coordinator and/or Facilities Technicians for the effective operation and maintenance of the asset management portfolio on a daily basis.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services board
Postal Code: P9N 1T8
Application Deadline: March 22nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Temporary, Full-time
Job Type: Summer
Wages: The hourly wage range for this position is $16.98 - $18.02 (wage subject to funding availability and whether the successful candidates are returning students).
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining common areas of apartment buildings including hallways, stairwells, entrances,
- lobbies, lounges, washrooms and storage areas. This includes general janitorial duties.
- Assist with timely turnaround of units. This includes cleaning out and disposing of debris/furnishings, stripping and waxing floors, washing windows and painting as requested.
- Assist where requested in general maintenance and repairs outlined in the daily work order system.
- Complete general groundskeeping as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, lawn care, maintenance of flowers/hedges/trees, clearing debris, maintenance and repair of walkways and fences
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ability to operate power-driven and mechanical equipment including lawn mower, and hedge trimmer.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as described above (raking, planting flowers, etc.).
- Experience and/or familiarity with completing the above tasks is beneficial.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Enrolment in post-secondary studies, preferably in a related or complimentary field.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is required.
To be considered for this position, you must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be legally entitled to work in Canada, and have the ability to work in varying weather conditions.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and the community you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before March 22nd, 2023 at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal-opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad