Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Surgical Services Registered Nurse (0.60 FTE)! For more details about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your skill set and ongoing learning. Surgical Services is looking for nurses that are willing to commit to training to become fully qualified Operating Room RNs on the team.
Upon successful completion of 6 months of full-time training candidates will be presented with a certificate of completion of AORNs Periop 101 Course.
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the OR Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will working in pre-op, recovery room and the OR theatre. This will include treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions that require surgical treatment and you will assist with scheduled elective surgeries. Visiting specialists provide an expanded surgical experience in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Current Certification in ACLS required
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Postgraduate program for preoperative preparation
- Certification in perioperative nursing (CPN-C) preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical O.R. experience OR willing to commit to 6 months of full-time training
- Ability to function independently in a perioperative setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a stressful environment
- Ability to meet physical and mental requirements of the position
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience in teaching perioperative care plans to surgical patients
- Ability to perform critical assessments of unconscious post-operative patients and direct postoperative pain management
- Ability to perform critical assessments of day surgical patient needs
- Ability to function as part of multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset
- Able and willing to participate on on-call schedule and respond to calls within 30 minutes
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861