The Municipality of Sioux Lookout are looking for a Classroom Assistant! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the direction of the Day Care Manager or Day Care Supervisor, this position is responsible for supporting the lead Registered Early Childhood Educators in the smooth operation of the classroom environment in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and established procedures, guidelines, and schedules.
- Shall be responsible for working with toddlers/preschoolers for 6 hours per day or toddler/preschoolers for 4 hours per day and JK/SK/School age children for 2 hours per day at different child care sites;
- Must be able to maintain a safe, happy, healthy learning environment for all children;
- Shall provide assistance to the Toddler/Preschool Educators in all programming aspects by meeting the physical and emotional needs of individual children and those of the entire group;
- In conjunction with JK/SK/School Age Educators, must be able to plan and implement a developmentally and age appropriate program that will facilitate experiences that promote each child’s well-being through play- based learning opportunities;
- Must work in accordance with regulations outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Standard First Aid & CPR required
- WHMIS Training
- Interest in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Experience in working with children
- Ability to work with children.
- Ability to organize conflicting demands.
- Strong public relations, ability to remain calm and courteous, telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to maintain Oath of Confidentiality at all times.
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume to the undersigned. This position will be advertised until filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, Box 158
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A4
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca.
The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.