Under the direction of the Day Care Manager or Day Care Supervisor, this position is responsible for assisting the Teachers in the implementation of a safe, and stimulating program for children in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and established procedures, guidelines, and schedules.
Three available positions!
- Assist in the smooth implementation of daily operation including assisting the Teachers in changing diapers and clothing, washing and changing bedding, and towels, answering the phone and making entries in the daily attendance diary, maintaining toys, books, equipment and working areas.
- Interact with the children showing them respect, care and affection to meet the needs and build self-concept.
- Assist in overseeing the children at the lunch table and during sleep time.
- Supervise Day Care routines related to washroom, lunchtimes, snacks, dressing, sleep-time and playtime with a degree of flexibility.
- Toileting and diapering children as required.
- Preparation and set-up of the lunch area and sleep area for the children.
- Administer First Aid and medication as required, complete appropriate paperwork as required.
- Maintain the Oath of Confidentiality at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in working with young children
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to the undersigned. This job posting will be advertised until the position is filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, PO Box 158, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A4
Tel: (807) 737-2700; Fax: (807) 737-3436
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website. The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.