Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is hiring Temporary Part-Time Shelter Attendants in Red Lake, ON! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire Temporary, Part-Time Shelter Attendants located in Red Lake, Ontario to join our Red Lake Area Emergency Shelter team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Housing Services Supervisor, the Shelter Attendant is responsible for supporting the Assistant Manager in the daily shelter operations, facilitation of daily programming with clients to support a safe and welcoming environment.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board (KDSB)
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: June 6th, 2022
Hours of Work: Temporary, Part-Time
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: The hourly wage for this position is $20.50 for day shifts and $21.00 for night shifts
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Supervising shelter clients.
- Preparing meals.
- Daily general cleaning of the shelter.
- Crisis intervention and behavioural management for guests.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the physical site.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Successful completion of High School Diploma.
- Experience working with a diverse population, with sensitivity to differences in culture, religion, sexual orientation, race, age, physical, and/or mental abilities.
- Experience working in the housing and homelessness field is an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to foster a safe and supportive environment for clients.
- Ability to implement programming and activities for clients.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to crisis management and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity and knowledge of available community resources.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to maintain inventory of pantry stock and plan monthly meal plans.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
The hourly wage for this position is $20.50 for day shifts and $21.00 for night shifts. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
COMPETITION #ISS 22-08
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
This posting will remain open until filled.
Advertising Method: General Ad