WJS Canada is hiring a Transition Leader! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
What WJS Canada Does
WJS helps people thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
- Community-based homes and residential care
- Supportive Independent living
- Family support services, including respite care
- Day programs, community involvement, employment
- Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
While WJS serves individuals in many communities across Canada, this opportunity is based in Kenora, Ontario. Situated on the Lake of the Woods, Kenora is located close to the border of Manitoba, in Northwestern Ontario, approximately 200km east of Winnipeg. It is an area rich with eco-adventures and personality. Often referred to as the “Premier Boating Destination of North America”, Kenora also offers amenities such as fine dining, boutique shopping, community festivals, along with the natural beauty of the area, suitable for individuals of every age. For more information on living and working in Kenora, visit: http://www.kenora.ca
Our Employees Enjoy
- Work/life balance
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation and benefits for eligible employees
- Professional development opportunities and job-related training
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Long Service Milestone rewards
- Employee referral bonus program
Employer Name: WJS Canada
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: December 13th, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $26.46 - $29.34/Hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Responsible for providing support and intervention to adolescent youth in an educational setting. Provides leadership, role modeling, and skill building activities to students. Responsible for planning, coordinating and facilitating students’ involvement in program components and for addressing overall developmental and social needs in order to modify thinking and behaviour in a positive direction and develop ability to manage their lives. This position requires membership with UNIFOR.
One (1) permanent, full-time position available, with a weekly schedule of 40 hours; Monday through Friday, 0800-1600.
*This position is based at the program located in Kenora, Ontario. It is NOT a hybrid or remote-based position. The successful candidate will be required to attend the program location for their scheduled shifts each day.
In Your Role You Will
Carry out tasks related, but not limited to:
- Direct Service
- Community Relations
Represent the values, top priorities and core beliefs of the program:
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Ontario High School Diploma (or equivalent), AS WELL AS, one of the following: Diploma in Teacher Aide Program, Child Care Worker Program, Developmental Services Worker Program, Children’s Services Program or Early Childhood Education Program, or an equivalent diploma or certificate program as determined by the agency.
- Minimum of two years experience in community based youth justice programs or youth/family interventions.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates required.
- Valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurability as a driver, as well as reliable transportation
- Physician’s note confirming suitability and ability to participate in physical recreation activities
- Negative tuberculosis screening test
- Ability to use common computer applications required.
- Completion of in-service/safety training as applicable to the role
- Ongoing professional development activities as applicable to the position.
WJS adheres to provincial/legislated communicable disease prevention protocols. Some of our community health care providers/stakeholders may require WJS employees to be vaccinated in order to be able to enter establishments while supporting WJS individuals/clients in service.
Not sure you meet the requirements? We still welcome you to apply, as we may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Apply online at:
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
For more information on WJS Canada visit our website: www.wjscanada.com
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Advertising Method: General Ad