Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is lookign for a Urban Aboriginal Healthy Living & Youth Life Promotions Program’s Summer Student! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is looking for a motivated individual who has a strong work ethic, teachable skills and positive attitude to join our team.
The Ne-Chee Friendship Centre is looking for a Full Time Summer Student. We are an urban Indigenous organization that is governed by a community-based Board of Directors; program supervision is by the Executive Director with objectives set by program funding.
The Summer Student position will report to the Urban Aboriginal Healthy Living and Youth Life Promotion coordinators. They will aid in the delivery of programming and services with these programs.
Employer Name: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre
Postal Code: P9N 3X3
Application Deadline: June 28, 2021
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Start date: July 5, 2021 End Date: August 20, 2021
Job Type: Summer
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
• Assist in the coordination of physical activity functions that includes exercise programs, nature walks, and land-based activities
• Participate and assist in organization activities/events
• Provide efficient support to the associated coordinators
• Effective ideas and willingness to participate
• Provide administration support that includes filing documents, data entry, and preparing forms/applications
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
• Must be a full-time student in the 2020-21 school year at a secondary or post-secondary education institution and be returning to school full-time for the 2021-22 school season • Preference given to candidates enrolled in a post-secondary program in outdoor recreation, health or any related program
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organizational skills, Multitasking, with excellent time management skills
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle; First Aid/CPR training a definite asset
• Positive attitude & capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
**Current Vulnerable Persons Check will be required upon offer of employment
***References will be required if contacted for an interview
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to: Ne-Chee Friendship Centre – P.O. Box 241, Kenora, ON P9N 3X3 Fax: (807) 468-5340 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Advertising Method: General Ad