Kenora District Services Board is hiring a Van Driver (Dryden)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Competition #ISS 23-04
Dedicated to improving everyday lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a Regular, Full-time Van Driver located in Dryden, Ontario to join our ISS team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the ISS Supervisor, the Van Driver is responsible for transporting Ontario Works clients and their children to and from approved activities.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services board
Postal Code: P8N 1B3
Application Deadline: March 29th, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: The starting hourly wage for this position is $16.98 in accordance with the Collective Agreement 2022 rates of pay, subject to change
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Develop and maintain scheduled routes for transporting clients.
- Ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of all passengers while boarding, on board and disembarking.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and proper manner, including obeying all traffic laws.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks, prior to operating the vehicle and record results in the vehicle log.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of the location of each passenger including pick-up and drop-off points and the time of such. Submit a monthly report detailing the number of adults and children transported.
- Ensure the vehicle is maintained including the scheduling of necessary servicing, filling the fuel tank and other fluid compartments as required and regularly cleaning of the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Immediately report the loss or damage to any equipment, material or the vehicle.
- Follow provincial regulations and Board policy regarding health, safety and work practices.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Successfully completion of a High School Diploma and a minimum of one year of experience driving a multi-passenger vehicle.
- Possess and maintain a valid Ontario G or F Driver’s License.
- Experience using computer and pre-programmed applications to input/retrieve data will be an asset.
- Have and maintain general knowledge of Ontario traffic laws.
- Maintain certification in First Aid and CPR
- Provide supervision of clients on out-of-town trips
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail on or before February 15, 2023 at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Method: General Ad