Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring a Virtual Trapping Program Coordinator! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
At the direction of the Trapping &Wildlife Officer, the Virtual Trapping Program Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the Grand Council Treaty #3 Virtual Trapping Program. This will include working with Grand Council Treaty #3 staff and Treaty #3 communities in order to promote the training program and provide delivery upon registration, as well liaise with instructors to ensure delivery of program curriculum.
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
Postal Code: P9N 0A1
Application Deadline: September 21st, 2021
Hours of Work: 12-Week Contract
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Develop PowerPoint presentation slides.
- Producing & gathering of available trapping videos-work with instructors.
- Work with instructors to develop curriculum.
- Keep track & records of 20 participants.
- Review the registration list with instructors.
- Monitor budget & supplies.
- Send out trapping materials and booklet.
- Provide monthly updates with Zoom meetings to the committee to ensure success.
- Coordinate Zoom meetings.
- Promote & market the program to the First Nations we are targeting.
- Purchase supplies & equipment.
- Reporting on deliverables.
- Administer payments for supplies, participants, Elders, cheque requisitions.
- Work with SWB to gather participant information & forms.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned by supervisor and Leadership of GCT#3
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a Project Coordinator.
- Experience with videography and video editing software.
- Knowledge of Treaty #3 First Nations and trapping would be an asset.
- Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- An understanding of the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Effective and comfortable with public speaking.
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Fluency in First Nations language considered an asset.
- Proven skill to format and draft correspondence, forms, reports, and proposals.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Must have valid driver’s license, in good standing and a reliable vehicle.
- Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required upon hiring.
- Must be able to travel on short notice.
- Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas.
- Busy office setting and repetitive work.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Interacts with public at large.
- Overtime may be required
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
- An Anishinaabe background. Applicants that have prior knowledge of Anishinaabe Worldview; have a basic understanding of the Ojibwe language and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs.
- Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
Advertising Method: General Ad