The Mercury Disability Board is hiring Visual Field Operators! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The MDB administers a reformed mercury contamination compensatory process, available to all eligible Wabaseemoong Independent Nations and Grassy Narrows First Nation members.
The Visual Fields Operator will interact with applicants in completing visual field testing.
- Accurately perform basic screening and visual field testing
- Explain the purpose and procedure for the testing in a clear and concise manner
- Accurately document and export all pertinent information
- Maintain, calibrate, and clean all visual field equipment/work area throughout clinic days
- Provide optimum and appropriate care to people being tested
- Respect, maintain and follow all protocols for confidentiality and personal information
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to and comfortable with providing direction while being acutely aware and adaptable to potential impairments
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently and collaboratively is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Demonstrable respectful customer service experience
- Prior experience performing visual field testing, working in an Optometry office or in the health care field would be an asset. Suitable candidates will be trained
- Knowledge specific to the MDB is a distinct asset
- This is an on-call/as needed position under an independent contractor arrangement with competitive remuneration. Schedules will be determined collaboratively with as much notice as possible.
- Availability for some weekend work is needed as well as the ability to travel to the communities.
Please submit a cover letter & resume by 4 pm on Friday, March 18, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for a virtual interview will be contacted.