Kenora Sexual Assault Centre (KSAC) is hiring a Volunteer Crisis Counsellor! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
KSAC is seeking to hire volunteers for the crisis line. We are an agency that provides counselling, advocacy, and community services. Our objective is to provide integrated health care to the community that we serve. The crisis intervention program is part of the counselling services at KSAC. It is staffed by volunteers and full-time counsellors who provide 24 hour, 7 days a week telephone counselling.
Employer Name: Kenora Sexual Assault Centre (KSAC)
Postal Code: P9N 1V7
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022
Hours of Work: Full-Time or Part-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- To answer the crisis line and respond according to the needs of the caller.
- To make appropriate referrals and when necessary to be an advocate for the client with other agencies.
- To keep adequate records such as encounter forms and hospital forms.
- Attend hospital calls as required
- Let the Crisis Line Coordinator know if unable to attend shift.
- All shifts will be in the comfort of your own home.
- Be respectful and non-judgemental.
- Complete the online training that is provided by the agency.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Be 18 years of age or older and possess a mature, empathic, responsible personality.
- Flexible in approach to people and open to feedback.
- Capable of identifying and coping with own feelings and able to help others to do the same.
- Good listening skills and a sincere interest in helping people in crisis (Crisis could include but not limited to suicide interventions or sexual/physical assaults.)
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
For more information about this position, please contact Jillian Puls at:
Advertising Method: General Ad