Lake of the Woods District Hospital is hiring a Ward Clerk (Casual)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is seeking casual support to our patient care units. Post-secondary students seeking experience in the healthcare field or customer service/administrative experienced individuals seeking a new and exciting challenge are encouraged to apply.
The Ward Clerk has an essential role in the administrative functioning of the assigned unit and is responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties to allow professional staff to provide optimal and safe patient care.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Experience performing clerical or administrative functions
- Experience providing customer service
- Must have Medical Terminology Certificate, or be willing to complete training
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to type accurately at 30 wpm
- Proficient with the use of a computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393