YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring Wilderness Staff! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a Wilderness Staff, you will be responsible for planning and implementing 2-to-4-week wilderness canoe trips.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids connect with nature
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$350.00 per week & Returning staff-$375.00 per week (plus room & board), If assigned to a 2–4-week canoe trip, daily rate to be provided
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provide leadership and role modeling to all campers
- Manage the day-to-day operations and programming of the wilderness trip routes and logistics
- Ensure camping industry and Y safety standards and policies are implemented and practiced
- Instruct and involve campers in all aspects of canoe trips at an age-appropriate level
- Organize food and equipment for all trips
- Check all equipment and boats daily and maintain as required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- 40 hours Wilderness First Aid & CPR Level C
- Bronze Cross
- Prior experience leading trips
- Globally Harmonized System (will train
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Paddle Canada Certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor (Canoe Tripping or Moving Water)
- Food Handler’s Certificate
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad