Grand Council Treaty #3 is looking for a Youth Climate Intern! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Reporting to the Territorial Planning Unit Director, the Treaty #3 Youth Climate Intern will support the Climate Specialist in coordinating Climate Change programs/projects in Adaptation and Mitigation. The Youth Climate Intern will attend daily sessions/work tasks with Climate Specialist in order to build technical capacity of Treaty #3 Youth Climate Intern.
- Attend weekly sessions on Climate Change and Adaptation.
- Provide Climate Specialist with support and insight on current and future Climate Projects involving Treaty #3 youth.
- Assist in developing recycling, composting and youth led emissions reductions projects in the Treaty #3 area.
- Participate in environmental field work with Community Based Monitoring Coordinator and Climate Specialist when needed.
- Undertake training to build technical capacity within self.
- Research topics involving emissions, mitigation, and ideas for adaptation.
- Adaptation planning and report creating with direction from Climate Specialist.
- Perform other duties as necessary as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent.
- Must be a member of one of the 28 Treaty #3 First Nations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of First Nations traditional customs and protocols.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, and Treaty #3 First Nations.
- Understanding of Anishinaabe customs, as well as the appropriate federal or provincial regulatory regimes and the policy-making process.
- Ability to speak and understand Anishinaabemowin is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Must possess or obtain a valid Ontario driver’s license (Equivalent to Class G) and have access to a vehicle.
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight. Must also be able to work evenings when required.
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Oluyinka Leigh, HR Manager
PO Box 1720
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Please include three employment references, and able to provide a current Vulnerable Persons Check
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.