Kitapinoonjiiminaanik Family Services are looking for a Youth Healing Support Worker! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Asubpeeschoseewagong Youth Healing Program will strengthen youth within the communities of Treaty Three area between the ages of 10-18 years of age. The Youth Healing Program will provide support and give guidance to youth and families, and at the same time, assist them to understand and overcome challenges and problematic areas in their lives through the development of a strong spiritual base, the understanding of traditional values and beliefs and the development of attitudes and skills that will help them deal with changes within the community.
- Knowledge of the First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions;
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolutions skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent facilitation, coordination, assessment and planning skills;
- Excellent motivation skills;
- Excellent research, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to facilitate and maintain a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality;
- Must possess a valid Ontario Drivers’ License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers’ Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred and a definite asset.
Submit applications with cover letter quoting file #YHSW20201021 to:
Human Resources c/o Unit 209 – 308 Second St. S., P9N 1G4 Kenora, ON
Fax: 807-468-7960 or by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwetch to all who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All interviewees must provide a current Criminal Record Check and Drivers’ Abstract at time of interview.