Grand Council Treaty #3 are looking for a Youth Reintegration Worker! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Coordinate Youth Reintegration processes and case management, with the Justice Director, including referrals, screening, and assessment of cases.
- Preparation of activities for probation orders for participants in program.
- Follow up – monitoring and mentoring clients to complete agreements.
- Maintain communication with key contacts, service providers and provide progress reports.
- Liaise with probation and court workers, community service providers and justice administrators including Crown Attorneys, Legal Aid and defense lawyers, police, court workers and probation officers to develop effective working partnerships.
- Initiate and support the development of new or enhanced justice and healing options for the community.
- Post-secondary degree or 2-year diploma in social or justice-related field and/or two years’ experience in social or justice-related field.
- Familiarity with history, traditions, dynamics and concerns of the community.
- Knowledge of Treaty and Aboriginal rights and issues related to Aboriginal peoples.
- Basic knowledge, skills and experience with restorative justice processes, the criminal justice system, community resources (formal and informal, traditional and mainstream) and case management.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web site search,
- and email.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position will require employee to travel occasionally, valid driver’s license and vehicle is required.
Please send resume and cover letter including three (3) references to:
Oluyinka Leigh, HR Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora,
Ontario P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-6356
We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.