Municipality of Sioux Lookout are looking for an Administrative Assistant! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Provide administrative support to the Clerk, Communications, Culture and Legislative Manager.
- Is responsible for the coordination of some meetings for members of Council.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine, and photocopy machine.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between visitors/enquirers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures in a professional manner.
- When assigned by the Clerk, prepare Management and Committee of the Whole/Council meeting agendas as requested.
- Perform website administrative functions as required.
- Formal back up to the Cemeteries & Licensing Coordinator and Customer Service Clerk, as scheduled.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Clerk and Communications, Culture and Legislative Manager.
- Working with frequent interruptions.
- Work will be performed in an office setting.
- Need for consistent attention to detail.
- Required to be able to respond under high volume, intense situations.
- Commitment to professional development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette, ability to remain calm and courteous.
- Ability to effectively project a strong, positive image of the Municipality.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to the public.
- Ability to work independently and to undertake a variety of tasks and perform them with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate a Dictaphone, take notes and draft minutes.
- Familiarity with computer usage, common office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail.
- Familiarity with website administration.
FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Some post-secondary training in office, computer applications or reception administration preferred.
Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year related Municipal experience in a customer service environment with use of communications, computer and business equipment
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned:
Melissa Fortin, Human Resources Manager
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, PO Box 158, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A4
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca. The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer