YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring an Assistant Wellness Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As the Assistant Wellness Coordinator, you will support the Wellness Coordinator by providing expertise, experience and skills specific to the operation of the Camp Stephens Wellness Centre.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids have a remarkable camp experience
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Spring/Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, Spring (May-June) & Summer (late June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD)
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$98.33 per day & Returning staff-$103.33 per day
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Able to provide education to staff and campers for physical and mental wellness
- Assist Wellness Coordinator to ensure the Wellness Centre and all first aid kits are kept adequately stocked
- Acts as a second lifeguard for waterfront activities
- Manage camp laundry
- Assist with health checks for all campers
- Maintain wellness centre log and complete incident reports as required
- Able to complete Workers Compensation (WSIB) forms as required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Mental Health First Aid
- 40 Hour Wilderness First Aid
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad