Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring a BSO Social Service Worker! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care are a growing and innovative, forward-thinking, not-for-profit Long-term Care Home in the Heart of Northwestern Ontario, that is working to invest in a Culturally Safe atmosphere and work life balance for all our employees.
We are looking for likeminded future team members to apply for our BSO Social Services Worker position we have open at Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care. Join a workforce with a strong focus on Residents Bill of Rights, and the 7 Grandfather Teachings, which are the lead visions of our Mission and Values. Within the next new years Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care will be moving into a NEW 160 bed Long-term Care Home facility and we invite you to grow with us.
What We Offer: A extensive Group Benefit Plan, Pension Plan, paid Mental Health days, Sicks days, Cultural days on top of Vacation and Family days. A great culturally safe work environment and team support.
Position Summary: The BSO Social Service Worker will use a team approach to provide leadership, mentorship, and support to the LTCH team in the development of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary plan of care. The Behavioural Lead will oversee the coaching, mentoring, and modeling strategies that are to be implemented as well as other relevant interventions to manage responsive behaviors. By ensuring a commitment to client centered resident care, the lead will foster a culture that is positive, creative, respectful, flexible, and enthusiastic.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: September 14, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Identify the need and prepare for additional consultation and/or referrals to other services or specialties as required.
- Provides coaching, care planning and/or hands on care in the home within their scope of practice to assist in managing responsive behaviours.
- In collaboration with Nursing Administration oversees the practice and implementation of therapeutic interventions and performance of Personal Support Workers assigned to the Residents presenting with responsive behaviours.
- Maintain and collect service indicator data, statistics and reports as requested for Quality Improvement and as required for organizational reporting to the Behavioral Support Services Program.
- Completes required/ identified assessments and the development of strategies/recommendations for the targeted risk population including pre-admission, admission, transitional and episodic cases/ referrals from opening the case within the client’s home to case completion or close within the assigned LTCH.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement practices as identified by the Director of Resident Care, its director or Oversight Committee through data collection, analysis, improvement initiatives and PDSA cycles as directed/ requested
- Provides recommendations on bio-psychosocial and non-pharmacological interventions to support resident goals related to psychosocial issues.
- Participates in responsive behaviour meetings within the assigned LTCH, attends all Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care staff meetings, education and/or training as required by the host employer Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Diploma in Social Services in good standing
- Sound knowledge and application of practices as they relate to persons with Dementia
- Experience in Mental Health or related practices preferred
- Knowledge or Experience working with Residential School Survivors
- Experience with electronic documentation, specifically the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) documentation, including assessments, Resident Assessment Protocols (RAPS) and care planning functions
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- via email only email@example.com by July 28th, 2023, at 4:30pm
Advertising Method: General Ad