Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking to hire Casual Rehabilitation Technician! For more information see details below!
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Pay in lieu of vacation and benefits provided
- A third party partnered, self-directed and initiated benefits package through Health Care Providers (HCP) Group Insurance is provided that includes customizable health and dental plans, life insurance, long-term disability benefits (LTD), and accidental death, disease and dismemberment (ADD&D) based on package eligibility
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Postal Code: P9N 3W7
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
Hours of Work: Casual; This posting may be used to fill other permanent vacancies; including part-time and/or full-time positions.
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: $30.6209 to $32.2430 per hour; as per CUPE LOCAL 3634 Collective Agreement
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The Rehabilitation Technician assists Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Language Pathologists in the treatment of patients, monitors and organizes rehabilitation equipment and performs clerical duties as required.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Graduate of a PT/OT Assistant Program, or clinical experience within a Rehabilitation or long-term care setting
- Certification in CPR (Healthcare Provider Level) and demonstrated continuing competence in CPR through bi-annual recertification
- Experience working in an office and performing general clerical duties
- Demonstrated experience with computers and windows-based software programs/ keyboarding skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with rehabilitation equipment and supplies preferred
- Ability to independently manage and maintain Rehabilitation equipment inventory
- Independent clinical problem-solving skills
- Physically capable of assisting heavy-needs patients with bed mobility, transfers, ambulation and exercise program
- Reliable attendance record
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
Advertising Method: General Ad