Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC) are looking for a Casual Client Worker for their Supportive Housing program! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig provides wholistic, primary health care to Indigenous people in Kenora and surrounding First Nation communities through a range of options including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Our client-centered, interprofessional teams include health professionals, educators and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe, contemporary models of care and use medical and community development concepts.
Employer Name: Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC)
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2024
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
The position supports the Supportive Housing Program will operate in a 24/7 format with shift work
included in this position. Responsibilities include monitoring and supporting clients, preparing program materials, and assisting with group sessions which will often include outdoor and hands-on activities. With an Indigenous approach, cultural assessments, and medicine wheel teachings, we hope to guide and help those in our program through their healing journey by providing safe housing. The program will also provide referrals to partner organizations.
NOTE: Traditional practices involving burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar and other cultural protocols occur regularly within our work setting.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Minimum OSSD or equivalent training and experience;
- Personal experience and understanding of traditional Anishinaabe culture, values, and healing practices;
- Experience working in an Anishinaabe organization and ability to understand and speak Anishinaabemowin a definite asset;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, de-colonial, trauma informed, and client-centered approach that demonstrates Waasegiizhig’s values;
- Demonstrated understanding of wholistic health and well-being; personal experience or strong knowledge of the healing journey and abstinence from mind altering substances;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including computer skills); demonstrated interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements;
- Willingness and ability to travel; valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required – copy of current drivers’ abstract required;
- Current criminal/vulnerable person’s records check;
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model;
- Proof of immunization in compliance with policy requirements is mandatory prior to start of employment;
- Certain duties of the position are physically demanding
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Client Support Worker Position
Fax: (807) 467-8341 Phone: (888) MYWNHAC
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad