Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Helpdesk Technician! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
The Helpdesk Technician is a contract full-time administration position. The Helpdesk Technician is the first contact for the IT Team and is responsible for managing and responding to the daily requirements of the Helpdesk. The Helpdesk Technician reports to the Systems Manager in all aspects of job function.
Normally performed in a typical interior office environment generally working at a set schedule of standard business hours, located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require sitting for a long period of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a work space with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements. Periodic travel is also required.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
This contract position is eligible for 4 weeks paid vacation, Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits and voluntary participation in the AAFS Pension program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with three (3) years direct related experience, however a combination of other related education, experience and skills may be considered
- Knowledge of Customary Care, service development and delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions
- Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including internal policies, procedures and the Helpdesk Manual
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop and 2008/2012 R2 Server operating systems, antivirus software, e-mail systems, VPN’s and HP network printers
- Receive and serve as the first contact for all incoming Helpdesk e-mails and telephone calls in a professional, respectful manner and respond in a prompt and timely fashion
- Establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management and the transferred agencies
- Assist staff with computer troubleshooting, including hardware, software and networking as requested
- Prepare and deploy workstations for staff, including re-installations and repairs
- Provide security patches and updates to OS and applications on workstations, including antivirus software
- Develop and maintain documentation as required, including hardware/software inventory and support documentation
- Record events, problems and their resolution in ticketing system
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Work in a team environment with strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to provide training to staff
- Ability to work independently and under stress of deadlines
- Ability to meet the demands of a high volume, fast-paced Helpdesk with intuitive troubleshooting skills
- Must be committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Driver Abstract
- Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred and a definite asset.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QOUTING
FILE #HT2023OUF to: Human Resources Manager by E-mail to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora,
Ontario P9N 1S7 or Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED