Kiizhik Education Corporation is hiring an Language Teacher! For more information about this LEAP Job Posting, check out the details below!
Kiizhik Education Corporation is looking for a Language Teacher for the 2023/2024 School Year. Our school is growing and are hiring teachers who are fluent in Anishinaabemowin and are committed to student learning.
The successful candidate will teach in a private school setting and will be responsible for creating and delivering Anishinaabemowin lesson plans for Elementary and High School students. The successful candidate will provide updates and continual communication with administration on student progress.
Employer Name: Kiizhik Education Corporation
Postal Code: P9N3Y4
Application Deadline: December 21, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for Language courses, following curriculum guidelines or requirements.
- Teach students using approved long range plans, lesson plans, and audio-visual
- Lead students in activities to promote culture, self-identity, physical, social development, and school readiness
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with parents, guardians, and school
- Supervision schedule (bus & recess)
- Encourage positive role modelling behaviour designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity
- Implement/support Anishinaabe language and cultural in the classroom
- Identify students individual learning needs and apply accommodations as needed
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development, and extracurricular activities
- Work as a team for the growth and success of the students
- Learn and utilize the Circle of Courage model which consists of principles of belonging, mastery, independence, and generosity for all students
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-Secondary graduate of a Native Language teaching program
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers, preferred
- Fluent in writing and speaking Anishinaabemowin
- Excellent classroom management, planning and organizational skills are required.
- A clean criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume and cover letter with three professional references by December 21, 2023 at 4:00PM.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE, E-MAIL, OR FAX TO:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
Website: www.kiizhik.ca Fax: (807) 468-3908 e-mail: Careers@bimose.ca
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad