North Stream Safety & Rehab is hiring a Registered Practical Nurse! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
Employer Name: North Stream Safety & Rehab
Postal Code: P6A 2C3
Application Deadline: September 27, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $30.00 - $48.00
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assisting with client intake , Greeting clients , Verifying identification , Preparing required paperwork , Administer various occupational health tests including , Pre-employment screening , Drug & Alcohol , DOT tests, The following tests will be included once trained: Audiometric , Spirometry , Vision , Mask Fitting and more , Complete after hours and onsite testing at North Stream Rehab office site or mobile – client worksites when required , When required, assist medical assessors with Fitness-to-Work Assessments by completing: , Blood pressure , Height , Weight , Complete corresponding paperwork and send off test results to the correct department(s)
- Adhering to proper infection, prevention and control guidelines
- Proper administration of COVID-19 sampling
- Making sure individuals get their result and informing them of next steps
- Collaborating with lab technician as often as required
- Accurately collect and record information from patient as required
- Creating a calm and positive experience for the clients
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety – Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Cooperation – Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage cooperative relationships within the organization.
- Economical – Ensures work is completed in a way that is mindful of company resources.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished, and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Problem Solving – Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to resolve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Registered Practical Nurse Diploma
- Currently registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BLS/CPR Certificate
- Demonstrated clinical competence with general medicine nursing skills
- Previous experience working in an outpatient clinic setting/ambulatory care environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team, as well as independently
- Excellent physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Experience working with diverse population groups
- Prior experience in a COVID Assessment Centre, preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient centered care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to engage and educate patients and families
- Demonstrated record of good performance and acceptable attendance will be considered as part of the selection criteria
- Professional behavior and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
- This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Willing to commute to client sites to provide testing required
Reliable vehicle, valid insurance and driver license
- LPN/RPN (preferred)
- Nursing (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please email any resumes to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Method: General Ad